Coastal Pacific Aviation

International Students

Reach for the skies, no matter where you are from.

Welcome International Students

Q: How do I apply for a Study Permit?
A: Press Here to go to the Canadian Government’s official guide.

Q: How long does it take to get a study permit?
A: Press Here to go to a link to check processing times by country.

Q: Can I get my medical exam before arriving in Canada?
A: Press Here for a list of certified TC examiners around the world. If there is no examiner in your area, you may wait until you arrive in Canada to complete the medical exam.

Q: Do I need an IELTS exam to get into the school?
A: No. We do not require proof of English Proficiency for admission into the school. You may be required to demonstrate English proficiency when applying for your Transport Canada License. Learn more about Language Proficiency Demonstrations.

Q: How long of a study permit can I get?
A: When we provide you with a LOA, we will list your program duration. Here are the maximum program durations we provide:

  • Accelerated Professional Pilot Program: 24 mos
  • Instructor Rating: 6 months
  • Multi, IFR, and Instructor Rating: 1 year

If you take longer than expected, we will issue you an updated LOA for you to use to apply to extend your visa.

Q: Can I get a PGWP after my training?
A: As a graduate of Coastal Pacific, if your program was more than 8 months in duration you will be eligible to apply for a PGWP. Learn more and apply for a PGWP here.

Q: How can I switch from a different school to Coastal Pacific while I am on a study permit?
A: Please follow the directions on this page.

Q: How can I extend my student visa?
A: Please press this link and follow the walk-through provided.

Q: Can I work while I study at Coastal Pacific?
A: If your program is longer than 6 months, if you possess a SIN number, and if you are studying full-time, then you may be eligible to work during your time as a student. You can learn more by pressing here. 

Q: How do I get in using the Student Direct Stream (SDS)?
A: If you are from either China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, the Philippines, Senegal, or Vietnam, and if you have a GIC of $10,000 and an IELTS test of 6 or higher, you may be eligible to use the SDS. In order to gain admission into Coastal Pacific using the SDS, you must pay your PPL fees in advance. Learn more about the SDS, and apply here.

Q: Are there scholarships available for international students?
A: Yes. Please visit this webpage for a list of scholarships that are currently available for international students.


There are no accommodations available through the school at this time. There are, however, plenty of local accommodations for students around Abbotsford. 

You can check on:

Nearby Banks

Scroll to Top